POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : These Maginificent Men in their Flying Machines: Canvas Problem : Re: These Maginificent Men in their Flying Machines: Canvas Problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These Maginificent Men in their Flying Machines: Canvas Problem
From: Jim Charter
Date: 9 Mar 2008 21:20:49
Message: <47d49b01@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
What you are trying for is something of a POV grail.  There is no pat
solution.  There are
a few other attributes you can play with though.  You can also add
'filter all' which adds the fabric color to the light 'coming through'.
  Filter was actually the intended POV answer to translucence I believe.
  To lighten the undershadow you need to add radiosity and boost the
diffuse.  If you boost the specular you will also increase the
difference between the apparent translucence when viewed from the
lighted side verses the shadowed side.  Finally I also implemented (I
think) the idea suggested by Jan Dvorak.  By boosting the scale and
bump_size excessively You can see what he was suggesting you could play
with.

[Note, for ease of testing I left the image_map in the z plane, applied
it to a box then rotated the object rather than rotating the image_map
into the x plane before applying it like you have.  This was tested
using the radiosity scene template provide in the insert menu.]

#declare Wing3 =
material {

   texture
   {